Saturday, October 15, 2011

Point A to Point B

I wish Meredith Grey would narrate my life too.

---

Point A to Point B

That's essentially what life is. We all want to get from Point A to Point B. It can be specific or overly broad. The points can change, but they are always there. And how you get from each point is where your story is written. That's why you can only see things clearly in retrospect, because it's after you have reached a Point B. Then you are allowed to see what was written about you along the way. It's quite an interesting system.

---

Some of you may have noticed a horribly written short story on my Facebook page. Basically, I needed to write a short story and Glee's version of Don't Stop Believing came on and I just went with it.

Funny thing about that story though. The female lead, Lisa, doesn't really have any business thinking that she would be a successful actress in any way. All she has is a feeling. Now, in the context of the story, it's hilarious. She's just like any female lead of any iconic 80's film and it ties in with the song Don't Stop Believing.

However.

As it applies to my life....and I hate to admit this, but all I have is a feeling. This inherent feeling that I am meant, made, to succeed. I know that sounds stupid. I know it is stupid. But it's what I have and it's what drives me. And I can't stop thinking about it. About how I am going to back this feeling up. About where this feeling will take me. And I am so terrified. But I can't find it in me to back down.

From Point A to Point B, I guess.

No comments: