Monday, May 9, 2011

Piece of Cake

Yes, my title is in reference to CK's mixtape. It's a pretty decent album. DJ Trank is a beast.

---

One final down, five to go--two of which aren't really finals.

---

Life Plan Adjustment: Graduating in December of 2012, rather than Spring. Then subbing the shit out of Fox C-6 and beefing up my portfolio.

To tell the truth, I'm not really sure what I'm going to be doing a month from now, much less a year. I don't know what this degree is going for. I just know that I need it. If I stop studying literature, if I take that out the equation, it's like taking half of me out of the equation. Okay, so I admit: I would be a kickass English teacher, but I am too ambitious for that. I want too much. If I study literature and then apply it to film maybe, just maybe, I could accomplish some of what I want.

And what do I want? To be comfortable. To be recognized as an authority. To be remembered.

In my last post I talked about transferring. Now I don't think that is such a good idea. This is a challenge. If I am truly so talented, I will overcome this. I will make greatness out of nothing. I will carve a place for myself out all of this. To leave would be to admit defeat. I don't think I am ready for that yet.

---

They are sooooooooooooooooooooo cute. It's ridiculous.

No comments: