Wednesday, June 16, 2010

You Said I Was the Vampire. I Think Not.

I asked my friends today if I am one to blush. They said no. For that, I am thankful.

You say these things and you are just trying to be funny, but then people who know make it worse. So it snowballs, and before you know it I am so painfully aware of how I feel about you that I just can't look at you. Of course, I can do nothing else but look at you. Another sucker punch.

My biggest fear is you finding out, but really I just hope that you secretly know, so regardless of what I do, I really am safe.

I've started to talk to God about the reincarnation program - I think I'm a candidate. However, I'm not sure if I would see you the same through different eyes. Is it only here that I am allowed to actually see you? If I were anyone else, would you be plain? Is that the blessing in this curse?

I may never know such answers.

So I will untie that knot
To hear you speak those words
While half my heart swoons
And the other half rots
I'll push all of your buttons
And pray you don't connect the dots

No comments: