Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Exhausting

Today was simply exhausting. I don't think it was every supposed to be, but it was.

My mother and I had every intention of going up to Lindenwood to do early check-in, but we had some bugs to work out first. America decided I no longer needed one of my loans this year, whatever reason. I also realized that I really was being charged for my overload courses and that sucks. Both of these financial changes ultimately doubled my out-of-pocket cost, which naturally alarmed my mother quite a bit. So we put the early check-in on pause and decided to figure some stuff out.

First, we tackled the merit of doing overload courses this semester. In order to do that, we had to figure out the earliest I could feasibly graduate. In order to do that, we had to figure out what my actual degree was going to be. Everything kind of built on itself.

From 10:30 to 4, we waded through course catalogues, transcripts, and class schedules, read major and minor requirements, and tried all different kinds of combinations of numbers, trying desperately to get them to add up to 128 at the soonest possible date. Finally, we got everything to fit reasonably well. I will graduate at the end of the Fall 2012 semester, a year and a half early. Yes, it's a semester later than I would like, and yes, I really only have one required class that semester. However, I do get to take more film classes, and I get to graduate with a BA in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing, a Minor in English Literature, and a writing certificate (a.k.a a "You write pretty good" certificate).

And that, how they say, is that.

In other news, my dog slept all day. He's sleeping now, in fact.

No comments: