Monday, August 30, 2010

"She's So Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh Above Me"

I love that song.

---

I realized today that I see everything through a camera lens. I see everything from a cinematic point of view, regardless if what I am actually seeing is the least bit cinematic. If the current "scene" isn't entertaining enough, I add dialogue, camera angles, lighting, etc. until I am snapped back into the original scene composition.

When I listen to music, all the songs trigger scenes that will never happen. They bring up words that will never be spoken. Like right now. I'm listening to music. You are here with me, but we are in the cold rain. You are saying "I'm not going to leave like he did. I'm not going to play games. I'm just here for you." You are crying--or rather the closest thing you can get to crying--and I am watching you, too shocked to say anything in reply. The song changes; the fictional moment ends. Yet, it was all too real.

Is this augmented vision a gift or a curse?

Can I use it to create something, or will I just have to learn to live with uncompleted scenes of fractured people randomly popping into my daily life?

Or am I just making this all up to justify what keeps replaying in my mind?

I hope not.

---

I bet Kim is jealous. Just a smidgen anyway. Haha

No comments: