Saturday, September 4, 2010

Danny's Girl is Not an 80's Song

So I had the song "Jesse's Girl" stuck in my head all day. However, I had it in my head as "Danny's Girl". When I heard the song by chance this evening, I had to restrain myself from laughing. Hahaha....subconsciousness is hilarious.

---

This isn't a new game.
You aren't a new target.
This is just a new all consuming phase of my life.
That doesn't sound as nearly as comforting as it feels.
But this, in many ways, is easier to deal with.

---

I'm going back and forth on whether or not I should take up guitar lessons again. Whether or not I have the credit hours to do so. I mean, I realized that my skill level is totally proportionate to the amount of motivation I have to excel. I quit lessons when I was thirteen because I was more motivated to learn songs I wanted to learn and see how far I could get on my own and start a band and stuff. So here I am, five years later with no band, and my current skills are exhausted. Now I am motivated to go to lessons. But will it be worth it? I mean, it will on some level regardless, but really. Worth it? I dunno.

No comments: